Reporting a Concern

Worried about an adult

Safeguarding concerns can be raised by anyone, in person, by telephone, email, letter or you can use this Easy Read – ‘Tell someone and be safe’ referral form and submit the form to:

If you suspect someone is being abused or neglected, or if you need help yourself, please contact the Safeguarding Adults Team on 01724 297000Email

If you don’t want to contact us yourself, you can also report your concerns to a social worker, nurse, your GP or any other professional and ask them to make a referral for you. They will listen to you and act swiftly to make sure your enquiry is dealt with in the correct way.

Professionals can also use our Safeguarding Concern form to report a concern.


The Safeguarding Adults Team
Hewson House
Station Road
North Lincolnshire
DN20 8XB

Telephone: 01724 297000

Email address:

You can also contact the Police:

  • 101 – Police non emergency
  • 999 – Police emergency



Domestic Abuse – The Blue Door

The Blue Door are a specialist service and in partnership we make it our priority for people to be safe and well in their homes and in their communities. The council and its partners are working together to reduce domestic abuse. Our partners include:

  • specialist domestic abuse providers
  • Humberside Police and the Humberside Police and Crime Commissioner
  • housing and health bodies

We aim to ensure that where domestic abuse takes place, all those affected get the right service.

The Blue Door
Laneham Street
North Lincolnshire
DN15 6LJ

Helpline: 0800 197 4787

Office: (01724) 841 947


You can also contact the Police:

  • 999 – Police emergency
  • 101 – Police non emergency

If you are concerned that a child is being abused or they may be at risk of harm, you should contact:

North Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services

Telephone: 01724 296500 (9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4.30pm Friday)


01724 296500 (answerphone – out of office hours and at weekends)


For General enquiries about a child please contact:

Children’s Multi Agency Resilience and Safeguarding (MARS)


Church Square House
30-40 High St
DN15 6NL


Website: CMARS | Children’s resilience and safeguarding board website.

You can also contact the Police on: 101 – (if non-emergency).

or the Police on: 999 – (if their is an emergency situation).